Bharatpur Airport is one of the domestic airport of Nepal. It is situated at Bharatpur Metropolitan Municipality of Chitwan District, Bagmati Province. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) codes for this Airport are BHR and VNBP respectively. This airport is fast growing passengers flow and airlines flights movement. Many of Internal and Foreigner tourist use this airport to visit Chitwan National Park. Chitwan National Park is the a world heritage property and one of the major best travel destination of Nepal. Tourist also use this airport to visit Shashwat Dham (CG temple)
Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) handles all the airport operation of Bharatpur Airport.
Location in Map
History of Bharatpur Airport
Bharatpur airport (BHR) was built in 1958 and the first passenger flight landed at the airport on 5 March 1965. This airport was built as part of the resettlement and malaria control program in the Chitwan valley, with the assistance of the Government of the United States of America.
- Name of Airport: BHARATPUR AIRPORT
- Location Indicator: VNBP
- IATA Code: BHR
- Aerodrome Reference Code: 2C
- Aerodrome Reference Point: 274041 N/0842546 E
- Province: Bagmati
- District: Chitwan
- Distance and Direction from City: Amidst City South East
- Elevation: 207 m./679 ft above the sea level.
- Year of Start of Operation: 05 March, 1961
Airlines/ Aircraft Services
- Type of Traffic Permitted: Visual Flight Rules (VFR)
- Type of Aircraft: ATR 42, Jet Stream 41, BeechCraft 1900, Dornier 228, DHC 6, Let L410, Y-12e
- Schedule Operating Airlines: Buddha Air, Yeti Airlines, Simrik Airlines
- Kathmandu to Bharatpur
- Bharatpur to Kathmandu
- Pokhara to Bharatpur
- Bharatpur to Pokhara
Kathmandu to Bharatpur flight fare for international travelers starts from $72.25 on Yeti Airlines, and $87 on Buddha Air. For Nepalese passengers cheap flight starts from NRS 2700.
- Runway Information
- Type of Surface: Bituminous Paved (Asphalt Concrete)
- Dimension: 1200 m x 30 m
- Designation: Runway 15/33
- Parking Capacity: Four ATR42 Types
- Size of Apron: 8360 sq.m.
- Apron Type: Asphalt Concrete / Concrete
- Hotels: Not inside airport available in city area
- Restaurants: Yes
- Transportations: Yes (Car, Taxi, Public Vehicles, auto rickshaw)
- Banks/ATMs inside airport: Not available
- Internet Facility: Wi-Fi Available
- Baggage Trolley: Available
Contact Number of Bharatpur Civil Aviation Office, Chitwan
Contact Office: 977-56-526573